- Tomidi 13th to 14th July
- Lord Nelson 13th to 14th or 14th to 15th July
- Pogoria 13th
- Zenobe Gramme 13th to 14th July
- Rupel 13th to 14th July
- Esprit 13th to 14th July
- Sirma, Miles to Go, Constantia, Liv, Spaniel 13th to 14th July
- Asta 12th to 14th July
- Rona 2 13th to 14th July (to be confirmed)
- De Gallant 13th to 14th July
- Black Diamond
- Swan 13th to 14th July
- Wyvern Av Aalesund 13th to 14th July
- John Laing 13th to 14th July
- Alba Explorer 13th to 14th July
Subject to change and weather
|Contact Name||Bertie Brown|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1496 302458 +44 (0) 7900 630 090|
The anchorage at Port Ellen is protected for 300 degrees and is able to safely accommodate any of the Tall Ships in the Cruise in Company. The main pier will be closed for essential major work and a clear passage will allow landing at the pontoon berths that can take transient yachts up to 40 Ft l.o.a. on a first come basis. The Island accommodation is very busy for July 2011 but please try www.kentraw.com for further information. Local tenders will be made available as will turning assistance from a fishing vessel.
Rich in history, seat of the Lords of the Isles, the island is mature and serves as the resource centre for the adjacent islands. A regular air service and ferry maintain the essential links.
Lively competition exists between the local football teams and a high standard in the swimming team brings home the awards. Eight distilleries carry names of distinction like no other single malt throughout the world and each one is willing to share their speciality with those who visit. The RSPB has two protected areas on the island both offering a chance to see birds rarely found elsewhere.
The strong community treasures its Pipe Band and any Ceilidh in the local hall is always better than the last!
Any golfer will know that The Machrie is the best links course on the west coast of Scotland and will challenge at any level.
All of these events and activities we are very keen to share and a special effort will be made to ensure that a Tall Ships visit to Islay would be the one that stays in the memory.
Distances in Nautical Miles - Greenock 100 Lerwick 415
- Landing at the pontoon berths available for transient yachts up to 40 Ft l.o.a.
- Local tenders will be made available
- 20 Pontoon berths available with water/power points, for yachts up to 15m with a controlling depth of 3m
- 10 ﬁxed moorings in the bay off Port Ellen
- Safe anchorage for larger vessels (depth up to 12m) in bay off Port Ellen
- Tidal Considerations 1m tide in the bay